What a wonderfully positive and inspirational weekend of music making with our Youth Band and our incredibly special guests from The Cory Band, Glyn and Helen Williams. A very busy weekend but so worthwhile, starting with a hugely engaging and informative workshop on the Saturday morning (you’re never too old to learn!), a brief stop off in the afternoon entertaining the good folk of Carrickfergus in Market Place culminating in a quite brilliant night of music making and entertainment in the War Memorial Hall.
We would like to acknowledge and thank all those who assisted in making this event such a success;
- 1st Presbyterian Church for the use of their premises for the entire weekend, such a great venue right in the heart of our community.
- Our compere, Alan Beattie, always amusing and informative in equal measure.
- Michael Cunningham for recording the entire event so we can re-live the special night.
- All our volunteers who helped man the doors and serve the refreshments.
- The Arts Council (NI) for the very generous financial support to make the event happen.
- The huge audience that gave up their Saturday night to come and support us, Thank You, this means such a lot to us.
- Brian Connolly, Des Graham plus all the band members who took part (including our guest players Andy McQuiggan and James McCabe) and made this a very special weekend that will live long in the memory.
- Finally, to our incredible special guests, Glyn and Helen, two very classy musicians and real classy people, such a joy to spend time with, musically and socially. Please enjoy the compilation above (and wonderful heartfelt tribute) and know that you have all made an enormously positive impact on your community and on our band family.